1:30 PM, Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Summary of Action
- April 20, 2021 Work Meeting
- May 4, 2021 Work Meeting
- June 1, 2021 Work Meeting
- June 15, 2021 Work Meeting
1. A presentation regarding the Neighborhood Program. (21-071) A motion to continue this presentation and discussion to a future meeting was approved 6:1, with Shannon Ellsworth opposed.
2. A resolution approving Veracity Networks LLC’s assignment of franchise agreement to Firstdigital Communications, LLC. (21-057) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on July 6, 2021.
3. A presentation on Envision Utah's Valley Visioning work. (21-080) Presentation only.
4. An ordinance updating Provo City Code to remove gendered language and to make other minor corrections for consistency and stylistic purposes. (21-073) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on July 6, 2021.5. A Resolution Appropriating $1,250,175 in the Legacy CIP Fund for the Acquisition of Land near Slate Canyon (21-058) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on July 6, 2021.
6. ***CONTINUED*** A presentation regarding a new Golf Cart Lease for the Golf Course. (21-081)
7. A discussion regarding the Council’s priorities for future appropriations from the Legacy CIP Fund. (21-037) A motion that staff bring forward an appropriation of $300,000 for the long-range planning initiatives was approved 7:0.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
5:30 PM, Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Summary of Action
1. An ordinance updating Provo City Code to remove gendered language and to make other minor corrections for consistency and stylistic purposes (21-073)
2. A resolution approving Veracity Networks LLC’s assignment of franchise agreement to Firstdigital Communications, LLC. (21-057)
- Approval of Minutes: June 1, 2021 Council Meeting Minutes
All items on the Consent Agenda were approved 7:0.
3. *** CONTINUED*** A resolution approving a lease agreement with DLL Finance LLC for 75 golf carts over 5 years. (21-081)
4. A resolution appropriating $1,250,175 in the Legacy CIP Fund for the acquisition of land in Slate Canyon. (21-058) Approved 7:0.
5. A resolution transferring $200,000 from the General Fund to the Energy Fund for land acquisition and appropriating $463,450 in the Police Department in the General Fund for a metal building and incinerator. (21-082) Approved 7:0.
6. An Ord. amending the Zone Map classification of approx 23.5 acres of real property, generally located at 200 N Lakeshore Dr. from Agricultural (A1.10) and (A1.5) to Residential (R1.8) and Residential Agricultural (RA) Zone. Fort Utah Nbh (PLRZ20210049) A substitute motion to delay a vote on the ordinance until feedback is received from the Planning Commission on the west side plan was approved 6:1, with David Sewell opposed.
7. An ordinance amending the Zone Map classification of approximately .80 acres of real property, generally located at 690 E 500 S, from Residential Conservation (RC) to Medium Density Residential (MRD) zone. Maeser Neighborhood. (PLRZ20210086) A motion to amend the ordinance to refer to a development agreement was approved. The ordinance was approved 6:1, with Shannon Ellsworth opposed.
8. A resolution approving a substantial amendment to the Program Year 2019 Annual Action Plan reprogramming CDBG-CV Funds for COVID-19 public health response. (21-050) Approved 7:0.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.