12:00 PM, Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Summary of Action
1. A presentation on Provo City's Vehicle Replacement 5 Year Plan. (20-007) A motion to decide as a Council to do as Mr. Harding has suggested and bring to the next Work Meeting a proposed paragraph regarding the policy direction for alternative fuel vehicles to discuss, amend to their satisfaction, and send forward was approved 7:0.
2. A presentation to the Municipal Council in or er to provide information regarding Public Infrastructure Districts (PIDs). (20-063) Presentation only.
3. A discussion regarding licensing for restaurants with ancillary breweries. (20-057) A motion to instruct the Alcohol Licensing subcommittee to create a proposal for a class F brewpub license before April 14; and after April 14, to create a proposal that would conform the Class B and C licenses to state code and address any other necessary or desired updates before October 1, failed 3:4, with George Handley, David Harding, William Fillmore, and David Sewell opposed. A motion that the Council direct the Alcohol Licensing subcommittee to come forward by April 14 with a proposal that would create a class F license to address brewpubs and to align and streamline city code to more closely match the state code was approved 6:1, with William Fillmore opposed.
4. A presentation from the Joaquin Parking Committee. (20-074) Presentation only.
5. A discussion regarding updating the General Plan. (20-068) Presentation only.
6. A resolution appropriating $4,900,526 in the Airport Fund for the acquisition of land near the airport, applying to fiscal year ending June 30, 2020. (20-067) A motion to request that staff bring back a proposal for an interfund loan from the Energy Department to fund this land purchase and that the Council consider it in an upcoming meeting was approved 7:0.
7. An update on the City Center Project. (20-013) Presentation only.
8. A brief explanation and overview for the Municipal Council on the Central Corridor Transit Study. The Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee is also invited to participate with the Council. (20-065) Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
9. An ordinance amending the Provo City General Plan relating to The Transportation
Master Plan. Citywide Application. (PLGPA20200038) Presentation only. This item will
be brought back to a future Council Meeting.
Adjourned by unanimous consent.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
5:30 PM, Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. 2020 Census Complete Count presentation. (20-028) Presentation only.
- January 21, 2020 Council Meeting Minutes Approved by unanimous consent.
2. A resolution to amend the Planning Commission bylaws to permit electronic public
hearings. Citywide application. (PLOTA20200095) Approved 7:0.
3. A resolution appropriating $2,184,800 in the general CIP fund for the implementation of a
Human Capital Management System and authorizing an interfund loan from the Energy
Fund to the ERP Debt Service Fund as a funding source. (20-062) Approved 7:0.
4. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 0.34 acres of real
property, generally located at 164 s 400 w, from Residential Conservation (RC) to Low
Density Residential (LDR). Franklin Neighborhood. (PLRZ20200041) Continued by
Council rule to the Council Meeting on April 14, 2020.
5. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow for permeable driveways and parking
lot surfaces. Citywide application. (PLOTA20190411) Approved 7:0.
6. ***CONTINUED*** Daniel LaFontaine requests a Zone Change from R1.10 to Low
Density Residential for 1.07 acres for a townhome development, located at 50 E 3900 N.
Riverbottoms Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190265)
7. ***CONTINUED*** An ordinance amending the Provo City General Plan relating to
The Transportation Master Plan. Citywide Application. (PLGPA20200038)
8. ***CONTINUED*** Comm. & Nbhd. Services Dept. requests ord. amend. to City Code
15.20.090--Parking Lot Landscaping. Request seeks to increase the min. canopy coverage
& landscaping arrangement within new parking areas. Citywide appl. (PLOTA20190433)
9. ***CONTINUED*** A resolution appropriating $4,900,526 in the Airport Fund for the
acquisition of land near the airport, applying to fiscal year ending June 30, 2020. (20-067)
Adjourned by unanimous consent.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.