Health concerns in light of the COVID-19 pandemic have led to limits on public gatherings. Provo City information on this can be found at covid19.provo.org. We are continuing to hold City Council meetings so we can conduct essential business. Adjustments have been made to respect Governor Herbert’s recommendations, while still providing community participation in our Council meetings.
Executive Order 2020-01 waives the requirement for anchor location and some other requirements for public meetings/noticing. There will be no physical location for the meeting. Councilors, Mayor, staff, and presenters will be participating from their individual locations electronically.
Watching the Council MeetingThe broadcast of the Council’s work meeting and regular meeting will be available live, and later on demand, on the Council’s YouTube Channel and Facebook page. You will not need an account to view in either of these locations. These are the same locations where Council meetings are regularly broadcast.
Listen to the Meeting by Telephone
- If you are unable to participate online, you can listen to the meeting in real-time over the phone.
- Call one of the phone numbers below and wait for the instruction to dial the meeting ID: (shown on the agenda), followed by #. Enter Meeting Password (shown on the agenda) and press #. When asked for a participant ID, press #. Several phone numbers are available. During high usage times, you may get a busy signal and will need to try a different phone number.
- 408 638-0968
Public CommentsThere are two ways to submit your comments to the Provo City Council for the open public comments or for individual agenda items. Public comments are taken in the regular Council meeting only.
- Submit your comments before the day of the meeting by emailing them to Council@provo.org. Please indicate which agenda item you are commenting on.
- Comments during the meeting will be handled by telephone and will be subject to the usual two-minute per person time limit. Keep in mind there is a delay of 10-40 seconds between the live meeting and the broadcast on YouTube/Facebook. Make sure to get on the line before the public comment period is opened.
- You will need to call one of the phone numbers below and wait for the instruction to dial the meeting ID: (shown on agenda) followed by #. Enter Meeting Password (shown on the agenda) and press #. When asked for a participant ID, press #. Several phone numbers are available. During high usage times, you may get a busy signal and will need to try a different phone number.
- 408 638-0968
- Press *9 on your phone to let us know you want to comment. (Pressing *9 again will undo that.)
- When it is your turn to comment, someone will call on you by the last four digits of your phone number (that is how it shows on our screen) and will unmute your line so you can talk.
- When you are done commenting, please hang up so the line is free for others to join and comment. You may call in again if you wish to comment on another item.
- Although there is a space to comment on the Facebook and YouTube broadcasts, they are only being monitored by staff for technical issues. Comments made on these platforms will not be included in the meeting itself or relayed to Councilors during or after the meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.