1:00 PM, Tuesday, February 18, 2020
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
- October 8, 2019 Work Meeting
1. A presentation regarding the fiscal year (FY) 2021-2022 budget from Public Works. (20-007)
2. A discussion regarding information on restaurants with ancillary breweries. (PLOTA20190378) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on February 18, 2020.
3. A discussion regarding the appropriations on the agenda for the evening Council Meeting. (20-035, 20-038, 20-039, and 20-040) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on February 18, 2020.
4. A discussion regarding the 2020 Consolidated Plan goals and priorities to direct Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding. (20-036) Presentation only.
5. A discussion regarding zoning enforcement. (20-037) A motion to reaffirm the Council's request that short-term rental software be funded with carryover funds; to proceed with the selection of a vendor; to request that the Community and Neighborhood Services Department share recommendations with the Council for the most cost-effective and strategic methods for staffing retention and/or use of funding for zoning enforcement; and to discuss these recommendations in a future Work Meeting, was approved 7:0.
6. A discussion regarding Community and Neighborhood Services' vision for the General Plan and Neighborhood Plans. (20-044) Presentation only.
7. A discussion regarding the Provo Power renewable energy goal for 50% renewable sources by 2030. (20-043) Presentation only.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
5:30 PM, Tuesday, February 18, 2020
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. Introduction of the new Grandview South Neighborhood Chair. (20-041) Presentation only.
2. A presentation on the Timpview Trail Neighborhood Matching Grant Project in the Indian Hills Neighborhood. (20-042) Presentation only.
3. A resolution consenting to the appointment of individuals to various boards and commissions. (20-003) Approved 7:0.
4. A resolution appropriating $15,000 in the General Fund for a public bike rack expansion project. (20-040) Approved 7:0.
5. A resolution transferring $200,000 from the Community and Neighborhood Services Department to the Development Services Department. (20-039) Approved 7:0.
6. A resolution appropriating $26,819.85 in the General Fund for a reimbursement to satisfy the Participation and Reimbursement Agreement with Parkway Village Provo Holdings, LLC. (20-038) Approved 7:0.
7. A resolution appropriating $3,638,455 in grant funds and sale proceeds for the design and construction of a new roadway, utilities, and infrastructure at the Mountain Vista Business Center. (20-035) Approved 7:0.
8. A joint resolution of the Provo City Mayor and Municipal Council urging support for educating consumers about where Tier 3 gasoline is sold. (20-031) Approved 7:0.
9. ***CONTINUED*** An ordinance amending Provo City Code relating to floor area ratio, setback, and buffer yard requirements in the Research and Business Park (R&BP) Zone. Citywide Application. (PLOTA20190425)
10. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow restaurants with ancillary microbrewing as a permitted use in certain zones. (PLOTA20190378) A motion to substitute the ordinance with the version incorporating a sunrise clause was approved 7:0. The ordinance was then approved 4:3, with George Handley, William Fillmore, and David Sewell opposed.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.
Post a Comment