Citizens AgendaCouncil meeting agendas are often difficult for people to navigate. Filled with jargon and legal requirements on how an item must be listed, it can be a challenge to determine what Council members are actually discussing or deciding on.
What follows is a staff interpretation of the agendas.
The official published agendas and supporting materials can be found here: http://agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Work Meeting Agenda
12:30 PM, Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Work Meetings are designed to be a less formal venue for discussion among Council Members. Generally, no public input is taken during the meeting.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
- An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding Planning Commission approval of reductions in required parking, including for multi-family residential uses. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190289)
- The proposed ordinance amendment will amend the text of Section 14.37.050 of the Provo City Code, relating to Reduction in Off-street Parking Requirements to remove the requirement of a Conditional Use Permit and to allow residential developments to apply for a reduction in off-street parking requirements based on a TDM plan approved by the Planning Commission in a Project Plan application. Planning Commission recommended approval.
- A resolution of the Provo City Municipal Council authorizing the acceptance of a Utah State Infrastructure Bank Fund Loan for the Airport. (19-087)
- The Public Works Department intends to apply for a $5 million State of Utah Infrastructure Bank Fund loan to front the costs of infrastructure for the new Airport Terminal. The application for the loan will be considered before the Utah Department of Transportation Commission in September. Prior to receiving funds, the Commission requires a resolution by the Council. It is anticipated that MAG funding to be programmed for 2023-2024 will be used to repay the loan.
- A presentation regarding the Young Single Professionals Committee. (19-115)
- Amber Savage and Bill Hulterstrom have requested time to present to the Council about the Young Single Professionals Committee. This committee was created by Mayor Kaufusi.
- A discussion regarding the policy direction for the allocation of sewer connections for developments west of I-15. (19-110)