1:00 PM, Tuesday, April 23, 2019
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
January 8, 2019 Work MeetingApproved by unanimous consent.
1. A presentation regarding proposed changes to the Parking Enforcement Fee Structure. (19-046)
2. A discussion about the review of the Urban Deer Program. (19-047) A motion to proceed with scheduling the necessary public hearings to begin the permit renewal process was approved 7:0.
3. A discussion about amending Ordinance 2019-01, previously approved on Jan. 22, 2019, with regard to the development agreement required in order for a zone change at 2300 N. University Pkwy to become effective. Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ201800406) A motion to make every effort to revise the language in section D [related to sewer improvements] before the Council Meeting on April 23, 2019, if at all possible, that was acceptable to the developer was approved 6:1, with Kay Van Buren opposed.
4. A discussion regarding the policies and direction of the Foothills Protection Committee. (19-002) Presentation only.
5. A presentation on the Public Works Department and potential budget requests. (19-004) Presentation only.
6. A presentation on the Community Development Department and potential budget requests. (19-004) Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion about two ordinances amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately four acres from 500 S to 600 S and from 100 W to University Avenue. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLOTA20190046 and PLRZ20190047) Presentation only.
8. A discussion regarding an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approx. 3.724 acres of property generally located 2400 N 650 E in the R1.10 Zone PD Performance to allow a Development Overlay Zone. Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190029) Presentation only.
9. A discussion regarding amendments to the Provo City Code regarding the Board of Adjustment to comply with State Code. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190097) Presentation only.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, April 23, 2019
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards1. An update on the City Center construction. (19-042) Presentation only.
2. Utah Recreation and Parks Association Presentation to Provo Parks and Recreation. (19-049) Presentation only.
A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a Conservation Easement Agreement regarding Provo City property located near the Rock Canyon trailhead. (17-085) Approved 7:0.
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
4. A resolution authorizing the Chief Executive Officer of the Provo City Redevelopment Agency to modify certain contracts with NeighborWorks Provo. (18-076) Approved 7:0.
5. A resolution designating a survey area, authorizing the preparation of a draft Community Reinvestment Project Area Plan and Budget, and authorizing and directing all necessary action by the agency, staff, and legal counsel. (19-050) Approved 7:0.
6. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to establish an Officer Rank of Deputy Chief of Police (19-048) Approved 7:0.
7. A resolution appropriating $2,490,000 funded by lease financing in the Vehicle Replacement Fund for the purchase of two fire apparatuses and related equipment applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. (19-043) Approved 7:0.
8. An ordinance enacting the Mill Race PRO Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLOTA20190046) Approved 7:0.
9. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 3.7 acres of real property,
generally located between 500 S. to 600 S. and from 100 W. to University Ave. from ITOD to Mill Race PRO Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190047) Continued.
10. ***CANCELLED / DOES NOT REQUIRE COUNCIL APPROVAL*** Justin Earl request PRO zone approval for a mixed-use development on approximately four acres, located from 500 S to 600 S and from 100 W to University Avenue. Downtown Neighborhood. (PLPRO20190045)
11. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approx. 3.724 acres of property generally located at 2400 N 650 E to combine the Performance Development Overlay (PD) Zone with the underlying R1.10 zone. Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20190029) Approved 4:3, with Kay Van Buren, David Sewell, and George Stewart opposed.
12. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding the Board of Adjustment to comply with State Code. City-wide application. (PLOTA20190097) Approved 6:0, with Kay Van Buren excused.
13. An ordinance amending Ordinance 2019-01, previously approved on January 22, 2019, with regard to the development agreement required in order for a zone change at 2300 N. University Pkwy to become effective. Carterville Neighborhood. (PLRZ201800406) A motion to place version 4A of the development agreement (which included a new affordability requirement and changes to the sewer provisions) as the exhibit to the ordinance was approved unanimously, after which the ordinance was approved 7:0.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Joint Meeting, Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.