12:00 PM, Tuesday, February 5, 2019
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
1. January 10, 2019 Legislative Breakfast
All minutes approved by unanimous consent.
2. A discussion on items related to the Wastewater Treatment Plant site and process selection (18-052) Presentation only.
3. A discussion regarding an agreement between Provo City and West Union Canal Company
regarding water rights (19-025) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the
Council Meeting on February 5, 2019.
4. A discussion on the proposed Storm Drain Master Plan (18-102) Presentation only. This item will be scheduled for the Council Meeting on February 19, 2019.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
5. A discussion on an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.98 acres of real property, generally located at 672 South 1600 West, from Agriculture (A1.1) to Single-
Family Residential (R1.10). Sunset Neighborhood. (17-0019) Presentation only. This item was
already scheduled for the Council Meeting on February 5, 2019.
6. A presentation of the Economic Development and Redevelopment Departments and potential
budget requests (19-004) Presentation only.
7. A discussion regarding parking enforcement in Provo (19-018) Presentation only.
8. A discussion regarding the proposed amendments to the Accessory (A) and Supplementary (S)
overlay zones and the proposal to combine and simplify these zones (19-022) A motion to send
this proposal to the Planning Commission for review was approved 7:0.
9. A discussion on a Neighborhood Program ordinance amendment related to fee waivers and vicechairs (19-017) A motion to move this item to a future Work Meeting was made, but subsequently withdrawn. Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the Council Meeting on February 5, 2019.
10. Further discussion on Council Committees, including a review of Council Board and Committee assignments and Council goals (19-002) Continued to the Work Meeting on February 19, 2019.
11. A discussion on the frequency of joint meetings (19-024) A motion to reduce the scheduled joint meetings with the Orem City Council and Provo School District to two meetings per year, with
the ability to add additional or emergency meetings as necessary, was approved 5:2, with
Councilors Gary Winterton and David Knecht opposed.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, January 22, 2019
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
- Presentation by Utah Transit Authority on their Station Area Plan (Item 1: Planning Commission Study Session - January 23, 2019).
- Approval of Minutes
- January 8, 2019 Council Meeting Minutes Approved by unanimous consent.
1. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 0.98 acres of real property, generally located at 672 South 1600 West, from Agriculture (A1.1) to Single-Family Residential (R1.10). Sunset Neighborhood. (17-0019R) Approved 7:0.
2. A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with West Union Canal Company to surrender company stock in exchange for Water Rights. (19-025) Approved 7:0.
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code and the Consolidated Fee Schedule regarding the
makeup of the Neighborhood Program and Implementation of a fee waiver program. (19-017)
Approved 6:1, with Council George Handley opposed.
4. ***CONTINUED***A request for a General Plan Amendment for 078 acres from Public
Facilities to Residential to allow 6 townhomes in a proposed LDR zone at 862 E Quail Valley
Drive. Edgemont Neighborhood. (PLGPA20190009)
5. ***CONTINUED***A request for a Zone Change from Public Facilities (PF) to Low Density
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.