What follows is a staff interpretation of the agendas.
The official published agendas and supporting materials can be found here: http://agendas.provo.org
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Work Meeting Agenda
1:00 PM, Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Work Meetings are designed to be a less formal venue for discussion among Council Members. Generally, no public input is taken during the meeting.
Approval of Minutes
- September 25, 2018 Joint Meeting with Energy Board
- September 25, 2018 Work Meeting
- A Quarterly Financial Report on the 1st Quarter of FY 2018-2019. (19-007)
- With the end of the first quarter of the fiscal year on September 30, 2018, the Finance Division has put a report together showing how expenditures and revenue collection compares to projections. The presentation will provide an opportunity for the Council to receive the information and ask questions.
- A discussion on the issuance of up to $69,000,000 of general obligation bonds for the purpose of financing Fire, Police, and other City Facilities and related matters. (19-014)
- The issuance of bonds was approved by voters in November 2018. The bonds will be sold on the morning of Tuesday, January 22.
- A semi-annual report from the from the Sustainability Committee. (19-016)
- The Sustainability Committee has been active in their efforts within Provo. They have recently hired a new full-time Parking and Sustainability Coordinator, Austin Taylor, who also serves as the Committee's executive secretary. Other recent initiatives include collaboration with Provo Energy Department and Utah Municipal Power Agency, improving air quality, improving energy-efficiency in local buildings, recycling education, and land use.