1:00 PM, Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
1. Approval of minutes: October 25, 2018 Joint Housing & Zoning Committee Approved by unanimous consent.
2. A report from Downtown Provo, Inc. (18-027) Presentation only.
3. A presentation on OnBase, the Council's new agenda management software (18-095)
4. A discussion on a proposal related to Neighborhood Housing Services of Provo and homes
purchased with CDBG/HOME Dollars (18-076)
A motion to request RDA staff to make amendments to the contracts and documents to
implement the changes discussed and to bring to a future Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
5. An update on the Interim Transportation Oriented Development (ITOD) zone as it relates to The
Mix (18-097) A motion to request staff to prepare a rezone from SC3 to SC2 and ITOD and to begin the process of moving this forward for approval was approved 7:0.
6. A comprehensive update on items from Economic Development (18-094) Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion on an ordinance to amend the Zone Map Classification of approximately 5.89 acres of real property, generally located at 1437 East 2300 North from Public Facilities (PF) to Residential
Agricultural (RA). Rock Canyon Neighborhood (PLRZ20180239) Presentation only.
The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code. A motion to adjourn the Work Meeting and to reconvene in a Closed meeting as the Redevelopment Agency Board was approved 6:0, with George Stewart excused. A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
- A presentation of the Employee of the Month for October 2018. Presentation only.
1. An ordinance to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 freeway and south of
the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay, and Fort Utah Neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225)
2. A resolution approving an Environmental Assessment and a proposed Land and Water Conversion
Fund property conversion. (17-036) A motion to include the public comments given in this meeting in the Environmental Assessment and close the period for giving public comments, and that the resulting draft be brought back to the November 27, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
3. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 5.89 acres located at 1437 E 2300 N from Public Facilities (PF) to Residential Agricultural (RA). Rock Canyon neighborhood.
(PLRZ20180239) Approved 7:0.
4. **CONTINUED** An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 15.03.020(3) to update 2018
standards to 2019 standards. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180348)
5. **ITEM WITHDRAWN** An ordinance amending Section 14.06.020 to redefine "Family" to
include four unrelated individuals. Citywide application. (PLOTA20180169)
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://agendas.provo.org
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.