3:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
1. A discussion regarding public comments received from the Draft Environmental Assessment and an update on the Final Environmental Assessment preparation for the proposed Land and Water Conversion Fund property conversion (17-036) Presentation only.
2. A discussion on the proposed language for the resolution supporting housing affordability in Utah County (18-070) A motion to remove “and fees” from line 40 of the draft resolution was approved 6:0, with Councilor Kay Van Buren excused.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
3. A discussion for a request to rezone portions of the East Bay Golf Course from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) and Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) designations to Public Facilities (PF). East Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180323) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the October 23, 2018 Council Meeting.
4. A discussion on a request to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 Freeway and south of the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay and Fort Utah neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the October 23, 2018 Council Meeting.
5. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code. None requested.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
5. A resolution adding the house generally located at 395 E 100 N to the Provo Landmarks Register. Joaquin Neighborhood. (PLLN20180305) Approved 7:0.
6. An ordinance to amend the General Plan Map regarding land west of the I-15 freeway and south of the Provo River. Lakewood, Sunset, Provo Bay, and Fort Utah Neighborhoods. (PLGPA20180225)
Continued to the next Council meeting for a second hearing.
7. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 77.5 acres of real property, generally located at 1860 South East Bay Boulevard, from Regional Shopping Center (SC3) and Planned Industrial Commercial (PIC) to Public Facilities (PF). East Bay Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180323) Approved 7:0.
8. A resolution regarding a pledge of support and to identify measures to be taken to address Utah's housing needs across the State and in Provo City. (18-070) A motion to continue this item to the November 13, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
9. **CONTINUED** McClean Properties LLC requests Ordinance Text Amendments to Sections 14.50 and 14.37.100 to allow for new Project Redevelopment Option Zone to permit six additional dwelling units on the property, and to allow for a one-way drive isle for parallel parking spaces for property located at 385 N 500 W in the Residential Conservation Zone. Dixon Neighborhood. (PLOTA20180292)
10. **CONTINUED** McClean Properties LLC requests a zone change for approximately one acre of property located at the 385 N 500 W from Residential Conservation to a Project Redevelopment Option Zone to allow for six additional dwelling units. Dixon neighborhood. (PLRZ20180293)
11. **ITEM WITHDRAWN** The Provo City Economic Development Department requests a Code Amendment to Section 14.20.160(7) to increase the amount of residential development in a Regional Shopping Center Zone (SC3) Zone from 20% to 33%. Citywide application. (PLOTA20180231)
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Town Hall, Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.