2:00 PM, Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
1. A discussion on a conservation easement for Rock Canyon (17-085) Presentation only.
2. A discussion on a Council Intent Statement regarding the City Center location and the use of land in the downtown Provo area (18-093) A motion to approve the intent statement as amended in the meeting was approved 7:0.
3. A discussion on recommendations regarding a budget committee (18-075) An amended motion to eliminate the budget subcommittee and resort to the Council as a committee of the whole regarding budget issues was approved 7:0.
A motion to break until 3:45 PM was approved 7:0.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
4. A discussion on a zone change request for the property generally located at 1776 S. Buckley Lane from Public Facilities (PF) to R1.6PD to facilitate a 33-lot subdivision. Provost South neighborhood. (PLRZ20180224) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the October 9, 2018 Council Meeting.
5. A discussion to add a home, located at 395 East 100 North, to the Provo Landmarks Register. Joaquin Neighborhood. (PLLN20180305) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the October 23, 2018 Council Meeting.
6. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code. None held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A recognition of Wayne Parker for his 15 years of service at the City of Provo and 35 years of service in city management. Presentation only.
2. A presentation of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards for the Energy Department's building. Presentation only.
3. A joint resolution of the Provo City Mayor and Municipal Council appointing temporary Justice Court Judges for the Provo City Justice Court. (18-089)
4. A resolution reappointing Bob Conner as Provo City Constable to serve a four-year term. (18-091)
Items on the consent agenda were approved 6:0 with Gary Winterton excused.
5. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 5.89 acres of real property, generally located at 1437 East 2300 North from Public Facilities (PF) to Agricultural 1 (A1.1). Rock Canyon Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180239) A motion to continue this item to a future meeting to allow time for a proposal from the property owner was approved 6:0 with Gary Winterton excused.
6. A resolution appointing Hannah Salzl as Policy Analyst for the Provo City Municipal Council office. (18-092) Approved 6:0 with Gary Winterton excused.
7. A resolution regarding a pledge of support and to identify measures to be taken to address Utah's housing needs across the State and in Provo City. (18-070) A motion to continue this item to a future meeting was approved 5:1 with Kay Van Buren opposed and Gary Winterton excused.
8. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 7.37 acres of real property, generally located at 1776 South Buckley Lane from Public Facilities (PF) to One-Family Residential Planned Development (R1.6PD). Provost South Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180224) Approved 6:0 with Gary Winterton excused.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.
Post a Comment