12:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
- July 10, 2018 Work Meeting
- July 17, 2018 Joint Meeting with the Provo Housing Authority
- July 26, 2018 Joint Meeting with Orem Council
Approved by unanimous consent.
1. A discussion on the bond election for the Provo City Center. (18-073)
A motion to strike option 2 from the options to be considered and to vote on either option 1 or 3 at the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
A motion to update the resolution bond language to include the terms “police and fire headquarters and emergency dispatch center” and “city hall” was approved 7:0.
2. A discussion on a Rules Committee proposal regarding amendments to the Council Handbook and Provo City Code (18-078)
A motion to place the Code changes on an upcoming Council Meeting agenda and to approve the Handbook changes was approved 7:0.
A motion to place the Code changes on the Consent Agenda for the August 21, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
3. A presentation on the Sewer Metering Study (18-052) Presentation only.
4. A presentation on Utah's Housing Gap (18-070) Presentation only.
5. A discussion on a draft of the Environmental Assessment (EA), Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) for the Timp-Kiwanis/Bounous property conversion (17-036) Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. A discussion on an ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding allowances and requirements of home occupations. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180109)
A motion to send the original [April Work Meeting] draft back to the Planning Commission was approved 7:0.
7. A discussion on an ordinance text amendment to Sections 14.10.40 (Lot Width) and 14.10.45 (Lot Depth) to decrease the required minimums for R1 Single-family zones. Citywide application. (PLOTA20180063) A motion to substitute the Planning Commission’s recommendation for the implied motion at the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 6:1, with David Harding opposed.
8. A discussion on a rezone request located at 1138 N Geneva Rd, from A1.5 to R1.6PD for approximately three acre, to allow for a twelve-lot subdivision (Lakeview Meadows). Lakeview North neighborhood. (PLRZ20180089) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting.
9. A discussion on a proposed General Plan Amendment to adopt the Maeser Neighborhood Plan. (PLGPA20180201) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting.
10. A discussion on an ordinance text amendment to Section 14.10.020(6) to allow commercial uses to operate "only in historic buildings" in the Residential Single Family (R1) Zone. Citywide application. (PLOTA20180094) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting.
11. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Stormwater Service District
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
- May 1, 2018 Council Meeting
- May 15, 2018 Council Meeting
- June 5, 2018 Council Meeting
- June 19, 2018 Council Meeting
Approved by unanimous consent.Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation and recognition of several Provo Recreation Center lifeguards
2. Neighborhood Spotlight: Provo Pig
3. A resolution providing for the holding of a local special bond election in Provo City, Utah, for the purpose of submitting to the qualified electors of the City the question of the issuance and sale of General Obligation Bonds in an amount to be determined; providing for the holding of a public hearing and the publication of a Notice of Public Hearing; and providing for related matters. (18-073)
A motion to insert the necessary language for Option 3 (new construction) and to specify that the construction of city hall would be in the downtown area was approved 7:0. The resolution was approved as amended 7:0.
4. A resolution appropriating $350,000 to acquire a purchase option for property located at Provo Towne Center Mall. (18-073)
Postponed indefinitely after Brixton Capital said that no charge would be necessary to preserve the opportunity to purchase the property.
5. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to decrease the required lot width and depth minimums for single-family zones. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180063)
Passage of the Planning Commission version, as substituted by motion in the August 7, 2019 Work Session, was approved 7:0.
6. An ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification of approximately 3 acres of real property, generally located at 1138 North Geneva Road from Agriculture (A1.5) to Single-Family Residential (R1.6PD). Lakeview North Neighborhood. (PLRZ20180089)
Continued indefinitely 7:0.
7. A resolution to adopt the Maeser Neighborhood Plan as a component of the Provo City General Plan. (PLGPA20180201)
Approved 6:1, with David Harding opposed.
8. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow commercial uses to operate "only in historic buildings" in the Residential Single Family (R1) zone. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180094)
A motion to change prohibited uses from “6513 and 6518” to “6513 through 6518” was approved 7:0. The ordinance was approved as amended 7:0.
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding allowances and requirements of home occupations. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180109)
This item was continued following an approved motion during the August 7, 2018 Work Meeting, which returned a draft of the changes to the Planning Commission.
10. **ITEM HAS BEEN CONTINUED**An ordinance amending Provo City Code to increase buffering requirements when adjacent to a residential zone. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180216)
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.
Post a Comment