1:00 PM, Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
- July 17, 2018 Work Meeting
Approved by unanimous consent.
1. A presentation on the Congress for the New Urbanism Conference (18-079) Presentation only.
2. A discussion on Council priorities (18-004)
An amended motion to keep the General Plan as a Council priority, and to leave control of the process for updating the General Plan to the Planning Commission was approved 7:0.
A motion to keep “develop a holistic approach to evaluating zoning enforcement solutions and progress” in the Desired Outcomes, to refer the topic of short-term rentals policy to the Zoning Committee, and to keep Zoning Compliance as a Council priority was approved 7:0.
A motion to approve Economic Development as a Council priority was approved 7:0.
An amended motion to add “budgets reflect the process and desired outcomes associated with the Council’s and Mayor’s priorities and General Plan goals” and to keep Vision 2050/General Plan as a Council Priority was approved 7:0.
A motion to adopt the changes to the Affordable Housing section as presented and edited and to keep Affordable Housing as a Council Priority was approved 7:0.
3. A discussion on a Request for Qualifications relating to the creation of a Community Land Trust (18-081) An amended motion that the Redevelopment Agency proceed with putting out a Request for Qualifications and a Request for Proposals for a Community Land Trust was approved 7:0.
4. A discussion on inclusionary zoning in Provo City (18-080) A motion to refer the policy discussion questions on inclusionary zoning to the Housing Committee was approved 7:0.
5. An update on the parking/sustainability coordinator position (18-047) Presentation only.
6. A discussion on the parking permit program designation process (18-082) A motion to refer Provo City Code Section 9.80.070 to the Policy Governance Committee for review and recommendations was approved 7:0.
7. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code. None requested.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Stormwater Service District
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation of the August 2018 Employee of the Month. Presentation only.
2. A presentation by the Covey Center of "The Nerd." Presentation only.
3. An ordinance amending the Provo City Code regarding Council committees (18-078)
4. A public hearing regarding the proposed Draft Environmental Assessment (EA), Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) Timp-Kiwanis Bounous Property Conversion. (17-036)
Public hearing only. The next public hearing will be at the September 11, 2018 Council Meeting.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.