12:30 PM, Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
April 24, 2018 Work Meeting
May 15, 2018 Work Meeting
May 22, 2018 Work Meeting Budget Retreat
June 19, 2018 Work Meeting
Approved by unanimous consent.
1. A discussion regarding public feedback on potential financing options for office space for police, fire, dispatcher, and other Provo City personnel. (18-073) Presentation only.
2. A discussion on a police compensation proposal (18-069) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the July 10, 2018 Council Meeting.
3. A discussion on the 3rd Quarter Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2018 (18-074) Presentation only.
4. A discussion on the Real Estate Purchase Agreement and Development Agreement for a medical school at the golf course (17-136)
Motion: George Handley moved to include in the development agreement the language “WHEREAS, the Council has no intent to expand development beyond the Northern Wedge Property” and that the Council intends to continue the operation of the remainder of the property as a golf course, and for the Council to pursue a separate resolution and General Plan language expressing that intent. Seconded by George Stewart.5. A presentation on recommendations regarding a budget committee (18-075) Presentation only. This item was continued to a future Work Meeting.
Roll call vote: Approved 6:1, with David Harding opposed.
Motion: George Stewart moved to retain in the draft real estate purchase agreement the provision for the right of first refusal, with an offer defined as value and terms of payment. Seconded by David Harding.
Roll call vote: Approved 5:2, with Gary Winterton and Kay Van Buren opposed.
6. A discussion on a proposal related to Neighborhood Housing Services of Provo and homes purchased with CDBG/HOME Dollars (18-076)
Continued to a future Work Meeting.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
7. A discussion on a proposed zone change from A1.5 to Low Density Residential to accommodate a subdivision of 5,000 square-foot lots, located at approximately 2100 West 820 North. Lakeview South Neighborhood. (17-0018R) Continued prior to the meeting at the developer’s request.
8. A discussion on adopting the Timp Neighborhood Plan as an addition to Appendix 'H' (Neighborhood Plans) of the General Plan. Timp Neighborhood. (PLGPA20180168)
Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the July 10, 2018 Council Meeting.
9. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Redevelopment Agency of Provo
Stormwater Service District
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. Presentation of the new Miss Provo Court
2. Recognition of individuals for services related to the Ice Sheet
3. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to adopt provisions of the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act by reference, comply with the appeals board composition required by the act, and clarify the application of the act to Provo City. (18-072)
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow an ad hoc deputy recorder to perform city recorder duties as needed. (18-071)
5. A resolution appropriating $116,643 in the General Fund, Police Department to increase police compensation applying to the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019 (18-069)
6. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 3.1 acres of real property, generally located at 2100 West 820 North, from Agricultural (A1.5) to Low Density Residential (LDR). Lakeview South Neighborhood. (17-0018R)
Continued prior to the meeting at the developer’s request.
7. A resolution to adopt the Timp Neighborhood Plan as a component of the Provo City General Plan. (PLGPA201800168)
8. CONTINUED TO A FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING: VP Homes request a Zone Change from A1.5 to R1.6PD for approximately three acres, located at 1138 N Geneva Road to allow for a twelve-lot subdivision (Lakeview Meadows). Lakeview North neighborhood. (PLRZ20180089)
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting, and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.