PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
12:00 PM, Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
Approved by unanimous consent.
- April 17, 2018 Joint Meeting with the Planning Commission
- May 1, 2018 Work Meeting
1. A discussion on funding options for Miss Provo and parade float (18-055)
A motion to add $12,000 in parade float funding to the list of items the Council would like the Administration to work into the budget was approved 5:1, with Kay Van Buren opposed and George Handley excused. (This would bring total funding for the float to $22,000.)
A motion to continue the discussion on Miss Provo funding to the June 19, 2018 Work Meeting was approved 6:0, with George Handley excused.
2. A discussion on appropriating $160,000 in the General Fund, Parks and Recreation Department to fund needs in the Recreation Center (18-064)
Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the June 5, 2018 Council Meeting.
3. A discussion on rental dwelling license fees (18-065) Presentation only.
4. A presentation on reinvestment for the Shops at Riverwoods(18-066)
A motion to schedule this item for the June 19, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 6:0, with George Handley excused.
5. A discussion with officials from Utah League of Cities and Towns regarding State legislative items (18-067) Presentation only.
6. A discussion on Bulldog Blvd. construction (18-068)
Presentation only. Council would like staff to work with engineering to get information on the Bulldog Blvd. project out to the public. Staff will also coordinate with Leadership to schedule another discussion about Bulldog Blvd.
7. An update on the proposed budget (18-005)
Presentation only. If Council members want to fund anything that is not in the budget yet, they will come to staff with a proposal (supported by four Council members) on what to cut from the budget in order to make money available for their item of interest.