Work Meeting Summary of Action
12:30 PM, Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
1. A presentation to Bryce Mumford for five years of service award.
2. A presentation on a retail sales tax incentive for Days Market (18-040)
A motion to place this item on the Action Agenda for the April 24, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 5:1, with David Harding opposed and George Handley excused.
3. A discussion on an ordinance amendment to Provo City Code 6.14.080 Proximity Restrictions for the Premises of Licensed Beer Retailers (18-041)
A motion to place this item on the Consent Agenda for the April 24, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 6:0, with George Handley excused.
4. A presentation by the Provo Bicycle Committee (18-039)
5. An update on the Victim Services Grant (18-028) Presentation only.
6. A discussion on proposed changes to Provo City Code Sections pertaining to neighborhood meeting requirements (18-036) A motion to refer the amendments to Provo City Code titles 14 and 15 to the Planning Commission for review was approved 6:0, with George Handley excused.
7. A presentation on the Energy Department and potential budget requests (18-005)) Presentation only.
8. A presentation on the Provo Airport and potential budget requests (18-005) Presentation only.
9. A discussion on a proposal to prohibit tobacco product use within parks and recreation facilities (18-035)
A motion to place this item on the April 24, 2018 Council Meeting agenda was approved 7:0.
10. A discussion on representation of the Downtown Neighborhood (18-038)
A motion to place this item on the Action Agenda for the April 24, 2018 Council Meeting, with wording modifications which removed references to co-chairs and which provided additional clarification, was approved 7:0.
11. A discussion on the 2018 Utah County Municipal Grant for the Provo River Trail Renovation
A motion to place this item as a resolution to be heard at the April 24, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
12. A discussion on a proposed Zoning Ordinance amendment to Section 14.41 Major Home Occupations to extend daytime business hours from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and a discussion of possible changes to the Home Occupations chapter generally (17-0025OA)
A motion to request that Community Development staff prepare a proposal for recommended amendments to titles 6 and 14 of the Provo City Code regarding home occupations and accessory and supplementary apartments was approved 7:0.
A motion to forward this amendment to the Planning Commission for review was approved 6:0, with David Harding excused.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
- January 9, 2018 Council Meeting
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards1. Neighborhood Spotlight: Timp Neighborhood Presentation only.2. A presentation on Pioneer Village Presentation only.
3. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 1.92 acres of real property, generally located at 422-490 South State Street, from General Commercial to High Density Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
This item was continued to the May 15, 2018 Council Meeting at the request of the developer.
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding parking requirements in the Supplementary Residential (S) Overlay Zone. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180025)
A motion to refer this item to the Housing Committee and to continue the item indefinitely was approved 6:0, with David Harding excused.
5. **CONTINUED to a future Planning Commission meeting** The Provo City Transportation and Mobility Committee proposes that the Municipal Council adopt by resolution a Complete Streets Policy and incorporate said policy as an appendix to the General Plan. Citywide impact. (PLGPA20180028)
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.