Work Meeting Summary of Action
12:00 PM, Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
January 16, 2018 Council Retreat
January 23, 2018 Work Meeting
February 20, 2018 Work Meeting
March 1, 2018 Joint Meeting with Orem Council
Approved by unanimous consent.
1. An update on the Victim Services Grant (18-028) Continued to a future Work Meeting.
2. A discussion on a proposal on reestablishing a youth council program (18-030)
A motion to proceed with implementation of the youth council program was approved 5:0, with Kay Van Buren and George Stewart excused.
3. A presentation on the Police Department and potential budget requests (18-005)
A motion that public safety is the Council’s top budget priority for the General Fund out of those budget presentation made to the Council thus far was approved 6:0, with Kay Van Buren excused.
4. A presentation on the Fire Department and potential budget requests (18-005)
5. A discussion on an appropriation for the Fire Department (18-031) Presentation only. This item was scheduled for the March 27, 2018 Council Meeting.
6. A presentation on the Innovation Program (18-029) Presentation only.
7. A discussion on an amendment to the Provo City Code regarding recodification of the City Code. (18-033) A motion to place this item on the consent agenda for the next Council Meeting was approved 6:0, with Kay Van Buren excused.
8. A discussion on the General Plan update (18-032)
A motion to begin the public comment and outreach process was approved 6:0, with Kay Van Buren excused.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
9. A discussion on a General Plan Map Amendment from Commercial to Residential for 1.52 acres of land located at 490 South State Street. Maeser Neighborhood (17-0002GPA)
Continued to the March 27, 2018 Work Meeting.
10. A discussion on a Zone Change from General Commercial (CG) to High Density Residential (HDR) for 1.92 acres of land located at 422-490 South State Street. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R) Continued to the March 27, 2018 Work Meeting.
11. A discussion on a proposed Zoning Ordinance amendment to Section 14.41 Major Home Occupations to extend daytime business hours from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Citywide impact. (17-0025OA) Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the March 6, 2018 Council Meeting, but it was anticipated that it would be continued.
12. A discussion on a proposal to adopt by resolution a Complete Streets Policy and incorporate said policy as an appendix to the General Plan. Citywide impact. (PLGPA20180028)
13. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
o January 23, 2018 Council Meeting
Approved by unanimous consent.
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation from Sarah Simons and Utah County Health Department regarding vaping. Presentation only.
2. A presentation of the Golden Spoke Winter Bicycle Commuter Award. Presentation only.
3. A presentation of the January 2018 Employee of the Month. Presentation only.
4. A presentation by the Covey Center of "Barefoot in the Park." Presentation only.
5. ***CONTINUED***A resolution to adopt the Complete Streets Policy as a component of the Provo City General Plan. (PLGPA20180028)
6. ***CONTINUED***An ordinance amending requirements for street access into buildings in the General Downtown (DT1) and Downtown Core (DT2) zones. Downtown, Timp, Joaquin, North Park, Maeser, Franklin, and Dixon Neighborhoods. (PLOTA20180032)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding Fire Alarm Regulations and Provo City Consolidated Fee Schedule to prevent over-frequency of false alarms. (17-133) Approved 7:0
8. An ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding major home occupations. Citywide impact. (17-0025OA) A motion to continue this item to the March 27, 2018 Work Meeting was approved 7:0.
9. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to increase the minimum number of residential units giving rise to a requirement for recreational amenities in the General Downtown (DT1) Zone. Downtown Neighborhood. (16-00023OA) Approved 7:0.
10. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to allow Dental Laboratories as a permitted use in the Community Shopping Center (SC2) Zone. Citywide impact. (18-0001OA) Continued prior to meeting.
11. A resolution amending the General Plan Land Use Map designation for property generally located at 490 South State Street from Commercial to Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0002GPA) Continued prior to meeting.
12. An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 1.92 acres of real property, generally located at 422-490 South State Street, from General Commercial to High Density Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R) Continued prior to meeting.
13. An ordinance amending the previously enacted Ordinance 2017-51 regarding rental contracts. (17-104) Approved 7:0.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.