Work Meeting Summary of Action
12:00 PM, Tuesday, February 06, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 W Center, Provo, UT 84601
Approval of Minutes
January 9, 2018 Work Meeting
1. An introduction of Karen Larsen, recommended Director of Customer Service (18-020)
Presentation only. This item was already scheduled for the February 6, 2018 Council Meeting.
2. A presentation on the Provo Library and potential budget requests (18-005) Presentation only.
3. A presentation on the Administrative Services Department and potential budget requests (18-005)
4. A discussion on a post-performance sales tax increment agreement at East Bay Shopping Center (18-021) Presentation only. This item will be heard at the February 20, 2018 Council Meeting.
5. A discussion on aid to Construction Transfer Funding (18-024) Presentation only.
6. A discussion on tools for implementing Westside Policies (17-129) Presentation only.
7. An update on affordable housing in Provo (18-023) Presentation only.
8. A presentation on a project proposal for improvements on the south-side hill of Grandview South Neighborhood (18-022) Presentation only.
9. A presentation on the Provo City Charitable Giving Campaign. Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
10. **CONTINUED to the March 6, 2018 Work Meeting** Tim Soffe requests a General Plan Map Amendment from Commercial to Residential for 1.52 acres of land located at 490 South State Street. Maeser Neighborhood (17-0002GPA)
11. **CONTINUED to the March 6, 2018 Work Meeting** Tim Soffe requests a Zone Change from General Commercial (CG) to High Density Residential (HDR) for 1.92 acres of land located at 422-490 South State Street. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
12. John & Lara Johnson request Zoning Ordinance amendments to Section 14.41 Major Home Occupations to increase the number of students from 6 to 16 and to extend the hours of operation from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Citywide Impact. (17-0025OA) This item was already been scheduled at the February 6, 2018 Council Meeting. A motion to continue the evening discussion and return the item to the Planning Commission for review was Approved 7:0.
13. The Municipal Council or the Governing Board of the Redevelopment Agency will consider a motion to close the meeting for the purposes of holding a strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, and/or to discuss the purchase, sale, exchange, or lease of real property, and/or the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in conformance with § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 et. seq., Utah Code.
A closed meeting was held.
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Regular Meeting Agenda
5:30 PM, Tuesday, February 06, 2018
Room 200, Municipal Council Chambers
351 West Center, Provo, UT 84601
Neighborhood Spotlight: Joaquin Neighborhood
Approval of Minutes
o December 5, 2017 Council Meeting
Approved by unanimous consent.
Presentations, Proclamations, and Awards
1. A presentation on the Mayor's Award of Excellence
2. A presentation of the 2017 Employee of the Year
3. A resolution consenting to the Mayor’s appointment of Karen Larsen as the Director of Customer Service for Provo City. (18-020) Approved 7:0
4. An ordinance amending Provo City Code to clean up inconsistencies and correct references to the Residential Design Standards. Citywide impact. (17-0024OA) A motion to send this item back to the Planning Commission after staff revises the design standards in light of affordability concerns was Approved 6:1, with Council member Kay Van Buren opposed.
5. **CONTINUED to the March 6, 2018 Council Meeting** A resolution amending the General Plan Land Use Map designation for property generally located at 490 South State Street from Commercial to Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0002GPA)
6. **CONTINUED to the March 6, 2018 Council Meeting** An ordinance amending the zone map classification of approximately 1.92 acres of real property, generally located at 422-490 South State Street, from General Commercial to High Density Residential. Maeser Neighborhood. (17-0010R)
7. An ordinance amending Provo City Code Section 14.41.060 (Major Home Occupations). Citywide Impact. (17-0025OA) During the February 6, 2018 Work Meeting, this item was continued.
For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.