12:30 PM, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Room 310, City Conference Room
351 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
Summary of Action
Approval of Minutes
- July 10, 2018 Work Meeting
- July 17, 2018 Joint Meeting with the Provo Housing Authority
- July 26, 2018 Joint Meeting with Orem Council
Approved by unanimous consent.
1. A discussion on the bond election for the Provo City Center. (18-073)
A motion to strike option 2 from the options to be considered and to vote on either option 1 or 3 at the August 7, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
A motion to update the resolution bond language to include the terms “police and fire headquarters and emergency dispatch center” and “city hall” was approved 7:0.
2. A discussion on a Rules Committee proposal regarding amendments to the Council Handbook and Provo City Code (18-078)
A motion to place the Code changes on an upcoming Council Meeting agenda and to approve the Handbook changes was approved 7:0.
A motion to place the Code changes on the Consent Agenda for the August 21, 2018 Council Meeting was approved 7:0.
3. A presentation on the Sewer Metering Study (18-052) Presentation only.
4. A presentation on Utah's Housing Gap (18-070) Presentation only.
5. A discussion on a draft of the Environmental Assessment (EA), Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) for the Timp-Kiwanis/Bounous property conversion (17-036) Presentation only.
Policy Items Referred from the Planning Commission
6. A discussion on an ordinance amending Provo City Code regarding allowances and requirements of home occupations. Citywide impact. (PLOTA20180109)
A motion to send the original [April Work Meeting] draft back to the Planning Commission was approved 7:0.