Council meeting agendas are often difficult for people to navigate. Filled with jargon and legal requirements on how an item must be listed, it can be a challenge to determine what Council members are actually discussing or deciding on.
What follows is a staff interpretation of the agendas.
The official published agendas and supporting materials can be found here: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
PROVO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
Work Meeting Agenda
12:00 PM, Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Work Meetings are designed to be a less formal venue for discussion among Council Members. Generally, no public input is taken during the meeting.
- A presentation on Wastewater planning (17-131)
- The Public Works Department will be presenting on financing options for either upgrading the current wastewater treatment plant or building a new wastewater treatment plant.
A discussion on Police fees (17-142)
- Acting on a request from the Budget Committee, Council has asked for a regular review of city fees to compare them to actual costs. This item will focus specifically on a review of Police Department fees.
A discussion on proposed new Fire Department fees for false alarms (17-133)
- The Fire Department will be presenting their recommendations for a ordinance regarding false alarms.
A discussion on adopting the Provo Parking Strategic Management Plan as a guide for decision making and policy formation (17-126)
- This is a follow-up to a series of discussions Council has had with Provo City’s Parking Administrator. Council will be discussing whether they would like to officially adopt the Provo Parking Strategic Management Plan, developed by Kimley-Horn Associates, at the Council meeting as a guide for decision making and policy formation.