In the Work Session
Water Reclamation Facility
Council Members started the Work Meeting with a tour of Provo's Water Reclamation (aka wastewater treatment) Facility. They were shown older and newer equipment while manager Mark Ogren explained what would need to be done to meet the expected changes to state regulations. Nitrogen and phosphorous would have to be removed from the treated water. More discussion on this was held later in the Work Meeting.
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Update
Utah Transit Authority (UTA) and Provo City administrators updated the Council on the latest designs for the BRT route as well as the lease agreement that will be presented for consideration at the April 19 Council Meeting. View the presentation and Council discussion in the meeting video.
The Council also:
- Heard a presentation on the Parks and Recreation Capital Improvement Plans (CIP) and the plans for use of the RAP tax funds
- Discussed a zone change request from One-Family Residential to Low Density Residential for property located at 2470 W 1160 N in the Lakeview North Neighborhood. This will be formally heard at the April 19 Council Meeting.
- Approved a Council Rules Policy amendment for items referred from the Planning Commission
- Heard a presentation regarding Public Works infrastructure in Provo City and discussed the needs for upgrades to meet new state regulations
- Continued three agenda items due to time constraints
No Formal MeetingThis is a general summary of the Council's meetings. For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recording: Work Meeting
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.
Post a Comment