In the Work Session
Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee:
Members from the Transportation and Mobility Advisory Committee (TMAC) met jointly with the City Council. Discussions included the Bicycle Master Plan, Transportation Master Plan, and Bus Rapid Transit. TMAC members also explained their priorities and challenges.
Discussed an update to the video and audio recordings and the Council minutes policy. The Council requested research on digital storage costs as they consider where, in what format, and for how long to retain video and audio recordings of their meetings.
The Council also:
- Heard the biennial review of Provo City's Moderate Income Housing Element of the General Plan
- Discussed the final approval of the study scope for developing housing policies per the Municipal Council priority list
- Heard the quarterly report from Downtown Provo, Inc.
- Discussed and approved a Municipal Council rule regarding the process for providing advice to the Mayor and subsequent Municipal Council consent for the appointment of individuals to statutory boards and commissions
- Discussed a resolution of the governing board of the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation consenting to the Purchase and Sale Agreement by and among GGPLP, LLC., GGPLPLLC, 2010 Loan Pledgor Holding, LLC., GGPLP Prime, LLC (Collectively "GGP"), and Brixton Provo Spokane Malls, LLC. ("Brixon")
In the Formal Meeting
Farewell to outgoing Council Members:
The Council also:
- Heard a presentation by the Covey Center
- Held a public hearing and passed a resolution accepting a Provo City Audit Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015
- Held a public hearing and passed a resolution to place approximately 0.09 acres of property located at 100 South between 50 West and 100 West on the surplus property list and authorizing the Mayor to sell the property
- Passed a resolution authorizing and approving the amended and restated Interlocal Cooperation Agreement, Power Sale Agreement S-1, and Capacity Purchase Agreement of and with the Utah Municipal Power Agency, and related matters
- Passed a resolution authorizing the Mayor to transfer all of Provo City's rights, interest and duties under SITLA Special Lease Agreement 498 to the South Utah Valley Solid Waste District
- Passed a joint resolution with the Mayor outlining support for adoption of the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code and other possible air quality enhancements for Utah
- Passed a resolution authorizing eminent domain proceedings on the property located at 1400 South 3100 West to acquire right of way for the Westside Connector Highway
- Passed, with some edits, an ordinance amending Provo City Code sections 6.32.030 (Mobile Food Business General Requirements) and 9.15.150 (Regulation of Street Sales) to create a public atmosphere conducive to the cautious, efficient, and easy flow of both pedestrian and vehicular traffic on sidewalks, in parking areas, on streets and in the public right ow way
- Passed a resolution of the governing board of the Redevelopment Agency of Provo City Corporation consenting to the Purchase and Sale Agreement by and among GGPLP, LLC., GGPLPLLC, 2010 Loan Pledgor Holding, LLC., GGPLP Prime, LLC (Collectively "GGP"), and Brixton Provo Spokane Malls, LLC. ("Brixon"). The companies are essentially swapping properties and needed the City's approval to transfer things like the tax increment financing that were part of the previous sale.
- Held a public hearing and passed a resolution amending the General Plan for the expansion of a restaurant property in the Rivergrove Neighborhood.
- Held a public hearing and passed an ordinance for a zone change for the expansion of a restaurant property in the Rivergrove Neighborhood.
- Held a public hearing and passed an ordinance amending the zone map from RA to R1.6 to facilitate the creation of a two-lot subdivision in the Provost South Neighborhood.
- Held a public hearing and passed/rejected an ordinance amending Provo City Code section 14.23.030 (New Development Lot Area)
- Held a public hearing and passed an ordinance amending the Zome Map Classification of approximately 4.38 acres of property at 1040 South 1000 East from Heavy Commercial and Residential Conservation to Medium Density Residential for a 75-unit townhome development in the Spring Creek Neighborhood.
- Held a public hearing and passed an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification from R1.6 to MDR to facilitate the development of a 7-unit townhome project in the Dixon Neighborhood.
- Passed an ordinance amending Provo City Code section 2.29 (Neighborhood Advisory Board) to amend the neighborhood program
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.