What happens next?
- The Canvass of Election will be held November 17 to certify the election results
- At the November 17 Council Meeting the ordinance authorizing the RAP tax would be passed by the Council
- Provo City is required to provide notice to the Utah State Tax Commission of the enactment of the RAP tax. The Tax Commission administers, collects, and distributes the tax.
- The RAP tax would be effective on sales in Provo beginning April 1, 2016.
- On April 26, 2026, the tax would effectively end. The City Council could choose to place it on the ballot for voters to approve it for another 10 years.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.