Joint Meeting with the Landmarks Commission:
Council Members met with the members of the Landmarks Commission to discuss current priorities, any issues or problems with the current code that might hinder the Commission's ability to protect properties, and other items of common interest.
Provo City Center Temple open house:
In anticipation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' open house for their new temple in downtown Provo, a committee of City and community representatives have been meeting and preparing for the impact this will have on Provo. Subcommittees were formed to address public safety, parking and mobility, beautification, downtown promotion and impacts, media/public outreach, protest policies, and event planning. Wayne Parker has been in contact with the LDS Church and they are anticipating 880,000 visitors during the open house. Parking areas have been arranged for and ticket holders will be assigned a lot for parking. The Church estimates 25,000 volunteers will be needed to staff the event.
The Council also:
- Heard a presentation and discussed the Bulldog Boulevard concept
- Discussed the process for selecting members for board and commission appointments. The Rules Committee will review the feedback received and put together a policy recommendation to bring back to the Council.
- Discussed proposed changes to Council Committees. Part of this was scheduled for tonight's Council Meeting but will be continued since there is more work to be done on this item.
- Discussed how current proposed legislation may impact the use of the Utility Transportation Fund
In the Formal Meeting
- Supported a proclamation to Provo City's sister city, Meissen, Germany, in support of the teachers and students delegation visiting us this week
- Declared October 4-10 Fire Prevention Week
- Passed a resolution approving the interlocal cooperation agreement regarding the use of the Justware Attorney Case and Document Management System
- Passed an ordinance amending Provo City Code 9.32.200, Unlawful Transfer on a Roadway, to clarify the intention of the ordinance
- Passed a resolution recertifying the Provo City Justice Court
- Passed a resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign a commitment letter regarding providing adequate water service connections to two lots located in the Special Section 38 Subdivision, Plat "A"
- Passed a resolution authorizing a lease agreement with Forge Development to allow them to utilize parking spaces for a pending housing project
- Continued to a future meeting a request for an ordinance amending several Provo City Code sections updating submittal requirements for planning applications
- Continued to a future meeting an ordinance amending Provo City Code 2.50.110, Municipal Council Committees, to clarify language regarding the purpose and makeup of Council Committees
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.