In the Work Session
The Council's Policy Governance Committee, in conjunction with Don Jarvis and the City's administration, has created a draft agenda for a proposed zoning summit. This would be sponsored by the Council and would offer speakers and workshops. The target date for this event is December 3, 2015. Council members gave their support of continuing to put this event together.
Council members continued their discussion on priorities and have selected "balanced mix of housing" as the first priority to begin focusing on, starting with a discussion in the November 17 Work Meeting. In December, the Council will discuss another priority, "Provo west side development."
The Council also:
- Discussed the Council priorities for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2016
- Discussed proposed changes to Council Committees.
- Discussed a process for the update of Vision 2030
- Heard an update on the Solid Waste District
In the Formal Meeting
Sister City Agreement:
The Council also:
- Heard a presentation by the Covey Center on their production of Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Passed a resolution approving the Sister City Agreement between the cities of Meißen (Meissen), Saxony, Germany, and Provo, Utah, United States of America
- Passed a resolution commending individuals, families, businesses, schools, churches, and other institutions for promoting education on the harmful effects of viewing pornography
- Approved an ordinance amending Provo City Code 2.50.110, Municipal Council Committees, to clarify language regarding the purpose and makeup of Council Committees
- Held a public hearing on the Recreation, Arts, and Parks (RAP) tax that will appear on the November 3, 2015, ballot
- Held a public hearing and passed a resolution to renew the placement of certain properties on the surplus property list and authorize the Mayor to sell the properties
- Passed a resolution consenting to the appointment of individuals to various boards and commissions
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting part 1
(Be aware that there were technical difficulties with the audio in the Council Meeting)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.