resident, communicate with them?
Council members work part-time in their council positions and many have full-time jobs to support their families. Although their office hours may vary, they are available by phone, email, or appointment. Contact information is on our website.
Looking for information?
- Provo.org, the City's website, has a lot of basic information and lists contact information as well as links to calendars and social media accounts for various departments.
- Meeting agendas, minutes, and supporting materials are available on our public documents site. More information about using the public documents site is here.
Looking for updates?
- In addition to the Council's blog, updates appear on the Council's Facebook page and Twitter account.
- The Council office publishes a variety of newsletters that you can subscribe to for updates delivered to your inbox.
- You can also sign up to receive email updates from your Council representative and your Neighborhood Chair
Want to attend a meeting?
- Public notices of meetings are listed on the Utah Public Notice Website. Information about the different types of meetings is here.
- Regular City Council Meetings are generally held the first and third Tuesdays of each month (except when it falls on a major holiday or the general election date) at 5:30 pm. These meetings are broadcast live on Provo's Channel 17 and can be viewed online. Video recordings of past meetings are available at the same website.
- Work Meetings are held in the afternoon, before the regular Council Meeting. Extra Work Meetings are scheduled as needed throughout the year to meet with other groups (Orem City Council, Provo School Board, and various boards and commissions) and to spend more time on specific issues. Since the times for these meetings vary, consult the City calendar for more details. When possible, these meetings are broadcast live on the Council's blog and the video is available afterward.
Want to give the Council your input, feedback, or opinion?
- Call or email individual Council Members with your concerns or to set up an appointment to meet. Contact information is on our website. You can also send an email to all seven Council members using the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave a comment on this blog or on the Council's Facebook page. You can also use the online comment form. Council staff gathers the comments and delivers them to Council Members.
- Speak at a Council Meeting. Items on the agenda that are listed as a public hearing will be opened for public comment before the Council votes. There is also a time provided for public comments on items that are not on that evening's agenda.
- Participate in Open City Hall. This online forum lets you submit comments and suggestions on current topics without having to attend a meeting. New topics are added regularly and the results are shared with the City Council to help in the decision-making process.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Comment below (requires Google+ account), on our Facebook page, through our online comment form, or by contacting Council Members directly. Comments/input on items appearing on an upcoming meeting agenda will be compiled and provided to Council Members the day before the meeting. **Note - your comments will be part of the public record.