In the Work Session
The Utah Municipal Power Agency presented information on the renewable energy program mentioned by Mayor Curtis in his State of the City address. RenewChoice is voluntary and allows consumers to choose renewable sources for part or all of their electric power. The Council will vote on Provo City's participation in RenewChoice at the March 3 Council Meeting.
Some recommendations from the Citizen's Budget Committee on establishing some guiding principles for user fees were presented and discussed. The Council needs to determine how City services will be paid for. If the costs can't be fully recovered through user fees, another funding source needs to be identified. This will be discussed again at the March 3 Work Meeting, giving Council Members time to review the recommendations.
The Council also:
- Heard a report from Mayor Curtis on non-consensual towing
- Heard the quarterly report from the Sustainability Committee
- Evaluated some internal governance policies regarding council meeting rules and parliamentary procedure as well as the process for public requests for Council action
- Discussed a request for a General Plan Amendment from Residential to Commercial at 451 S 100 W (Franklin Neighborhood). This will be formally heard at the March 3 Council Meeting.
- Discussed a request for a zone change from M-1 to LDR at 1000 W 500 S (Franklin Neighborhood). This will be formally heard at the March 3 Council Meeting.
- Discussed a request for a zone change from RC to MDR at 653 W 600 S (Franklin Neighborhood). This will be formally heard at the March 3 Council Meeting.
In the Formal Meeting
Distinguished Budget Presentation Award:
The Government Finance Officers Association has presented the City of Provo with the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award. This is the second year in a row that Provo has received the honor.
The Council also:
- Heard a review of the 2014 Popular Annual Financial Report
- Passed a resolution approving the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program for the 2015-16 fiscal year at 15% for social services and 85% for non-social services funding
- Passed a resolution approving the HOME program for the 2015-16 fiscal year
- Held a public hearing on an annexation and zoning request for 56 acres on the east side of North Canyon Road between 5020 and 5150 North (North Timpview and Riverbottoms Neighborhoods). More information was requested and this will be heard again on March 3.
- Held a public hearing and approved a resolution to adopt the Downtown Master Plan as amended. There had been a few updates to the version presented at the last Council Meeting.
This is a general summary of the Council's meetings. For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting
Post a Comment