Proposed resolution requested by ULCT:
The Utah League of Cities and Towns (ULCT) requested a resolution calling for the Utah State Legislature to increase funding for transportation and infrastructure related activities. Council staff presented the details and, after a discussion, the Council requested more information. This will be discussed again at the next Work Meeting.
Downtown Master Plan:
Josh Yost presented information for a discussion on the Historic Preservation area of the Downtown Master Plan. There are several options for extending protection of historic buildings outside of the currently designated area. Council Members requested more input from the public and will have a public hearing on the Downtown Master Plan at the February 3 Council Meeting.
The Council also:
- Approved amendments to the Council Internal Governance Policy: Study Meeting to make the policy consistent with current practices
- Heard an update on the Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Discussed an update of the Water Conservation Plan
- Discussed a rezoning request in the Lakewood Neighborhood for a future subdivision development
In the Formal Meeting
Election of 2015 Chair and Vice-Chair:
The Council voted unanimously to elect Gary Garrett as Chair and Kim Santiago as Vice-Chair. Hal Miller was thanked for his service as the 2014 Council Chair as well as Garrett and Santiago, who had served as Vice-Chairs in 2014. Stephen Hales was elected to serve again as the Chair of the Redevelopment Agency and Dave Sewell was elected as Vice-Chair.
Provo City Flag:
Stephen Hales presented the flag design recommended by the committee and explained how it would serve Provo. The Council voted unanimously to approve an ordinance amending the Provo City Code for this new design. It replaces the flag that has been used since 1985.
The Council also:
- Passed a resolution amending the Water Conservation Plan portion of the Water System Master Plan
- Passed a resolution appointing Deborah Jensen to the Board of Adjustment
- Denied an ordinance amending permitted uses in the Neighborhood Shopping Center Zone
- Passed an ordinance amending the Zone Map Classification from A1.1 to R1.8 and R1.10 for lot 3 of the Barrett Subdivision in the Fort Utah Neighborhood
- Passed an ordinance amending Provo City Code to codify the legislation passed in 2014
This is a general summary of the Council's meetings. For a more detailed agenda and minutes, please visit our public documents site: http://publicdocuments.provo.org/sirepub/meet.aspx
Video recordings: Work Meeting and Council Meeting