The City Council is launching an interactive series of meetings with the purpose of engaging the public in determining funding needs and priorities, present and future. Some of the specific topics will include road funding, balanced budgets, and a proposed 2% property tax.
Attendees will also be able to engage with an interactive budget simulator that shows what happens to the budget over ten years when adding or cutting various city services.
Meeting times, dates and locations are as follows:
- July 10 – Covey Center Dance Studio, 425 W Center St., 7PM
- July 11 – Grandview Learning Center, 1591 Jordan Ave., 7PM
- July 16 – Timpview High School, 3750 N 650 E, 7PM (tentative)
- July 17 – Lakeview Elementary School, 2899 W 1390 N, 7PM
- July 18 – Spring Creek Elementary School, 1740 South Nevada, 7PM
- Aug 3 – City Center, 351 W Center St., 9AM
- Aug 6 – Truth in Taxation Public Hearing, City Center, 351 W Center St., 6PM
Post a Comment